Monday, March 24, 2008

Most importantly, today, I'd like to request prayer for my Papa (and Gram). On Saturday night, Gram took him to the hospital because he was having chest pains. He continues to be hospitalized until they have more answers. My mom came down yesterday, to be with my Gram while everything is worked out. You know how much I love my Gram and Papa; your prayers would be appreciated.

My wisdom teeth. The worst part during the surgery was the cracking I heard as my teeth were ripped away from my jaw. All in all, I haven't felt too horrible. Nothing I'd like to experience again, but not nightmarish. Hopefully, I don't develop dry sockets. I've been following the after care instructions pretty well; even the not eating almost everything. I hope I lose some weight this week.

Isaac is doing well. He's sleeping about 12 hours a night--7:30-7:30. Our kid's bedtimes are a big deal to us so we work hard to get the bedtime thing down right away. He still wakes up every once in a while, but after crying it out, he's back to sleep. He's eating enough to keep gaining weight, laughing, cooing, smiling and just being our buddy, buddy.

Hannah continues to be a great big sister. She helps with almost everything I ask. She's such a sweetie. She's totally into the Disney princesses since our trip to Disney World so I bought her all the Disney princess stories I could find at the dollar store for her Easter basket. Since I'm still not supposed to be talking much, Jason did a lot of reading yesterday! Hannah also has an imaginary friend named Jay. He goes everywhere with us and gets disciplined right along with Hannah (per her request). It's very cute. Jay goes grocery shopping and has snack. Jay is like a member of our family--except I don't have to wipe his butt. It's great.

I've been praying about Three Voices and Until Journey's End and feel as though I have some answers. I do not feel comfortable moving forward with two full-fledged nonprofits. We've made the decision to keep Three Voices as an organization with a website to advocate for triad members. We will help anyone who contacts us but will not proceed any furthur with developing a nonprofit. Until Journey's End is already taking off and doing well. We feel UJE has a lot of potential to support others in a very positive way. We are moving ahead to gain nonprofit status for UJE. I am currently looking for board members. If you are interested in learning more about applying to be a board member, pleaes contact me via email. Please also see who we've been supporting on the UJE website.

Please continue to leave comments when you can; I love to hear from you!!

BTW, check back later as I have to get on the other computer to download pics--I'll do it later today. Later!

4 comments:

Ohio_Momto3boys said...

Glad it went well with you!

Our 17 month old wakes up some at night. We usually let him fuss until he goes back to sleep. I'm sure you are like me, you can just TELL when the cry is desperate and when it's not. If Aaron sounds miserable, we get him; if he's just fussing we let him go. It's a mom thing :-) Usually it's a lost binkie (man, I wish we'd never started with those blasted things) so we load his crib with multiple binkies so he can find another one if one flings out. His sick or hurt cry is so distinctive that we can tell if he really needs us. Fortunately, he usually just talks himself to sleep so we'll hear him wake, fuss a minute or two and then he'll sing "Hi Dadda Hi Dadda" over and over to put himself to sleep. Thankfully, he's at the end of the hall... away from us! LOL

Hannah sounds like such a doll.

When is your Ohio court date?

Lizze said...

Glad to hear things are going well after the loss of your wisdom. ;) lol

I will definitely add Gram and PaPa to my prayers. I've missed her lately.

Gina Marie said...

Glad to hear you are recovering well - I will pray for your grandparents.

Amy Noel said...

Yikes, wisdom teeth...I remember that as NOT being fun. Hope you recover well and enjoy having smoothies for a while. How is your Papa? And Gram, too? Did you have a nice Easter? Much love to you. Praying for all of you.