Monday, April 7, 2008

The kids and I were able to go to Grand Blanc last Monday-Wednesday. We had a nice time and know my mom and grandparents enjoyed seeing the kiddos.

Papa has since returned to the hospital. At this point, his life is in God's hands (I mean, it always is...but you know what I mean). The medical staff is doing everything they can to diagnose problems and keep him comfortable. Friends and family are praying and checking in. I want Papa to keep fighting, but I also want him to be comfortable. I continue to pray for God's will. I pray for strength for Gram. I couldn't love my grandparents ANY more. I simply adore them. I don't like to see them hurting. I can't do anything. So I pray.

Isaac had a visit with the opthalmologist (I know it's spelled wrong) today and we got some sobering news. While his eyes are doing well, the doctor is concerned with his neurological development. He saw some abnormalities and is suggesting an MRI for more information. We were aware in July, when we began this journey, that this would happen, but you're never prepared to hear that there's REALLY something potentially wrong. So, we'll be seeing his pediatrician next week for a (hopefully) referral to a specialty clinic at DeVos Children's here in GR, for a complete work-up. His PT and I have also been seeing signs of slower than "normal" fine/gross motor skill development. We will again, pray for God's will and hope for the best.

Within days, we'll be headed to Ohio for Isaac's finalization. Soon, Isaac will legally be our son. Of course, he's been our son in our hearts since the moment we heard we were his family. It's been quite a journey. Thank you for all you've done to make it what it's been. And it's been wonderful.

Jason and I are working dilligently to make UJE a bigger reality. We've started to put together a Board of Directors and are filling out all the paperwork to apply for 501(c)(3)status. Please, visit the UJE website to read more about what we're doing and how we could use your help. We have also started a $10/month club where you can commit to sending $10/month for 12 months. This money is strictly used to guy gift cards and stamps to include in care packages. Again, you can read more in the UJE posts.

Always love to hear from you.


Much love.

3 comments:

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

i'll be praying for your Papa.

And I'll be praying for your little man! I know how scary it is with a preemie and always having the fear of problems!thank God he has wonderful parents who will work with him and love on him!

Hummel Family said...

hey girl. I left you an email. Let me know when you want to chat! Have a great week, hopefully its a sunny one!

Rachel Udy said...

hi tiffany. i'll say a prayer for your papa. i was also very close with my papa and just lost him a few weeks ago. it stings a lot and i hope yours recovers well so he can enjoy you and the sweet babies in his life. take care! rachel